Unique Wedding Rings Express Originality
Thereís nothing wrong with following traditional customs. And when it comes to
weddings and wedding rings, very few people veer away from tradition. They have
something old, something blue, something borrowed, and something new. Then thereís
the white wedding gown, and the traditional gold or silver wedding ring with diamonds.
But some couples are interested in setting their own traditions. As a result,
a growing interest in unique wedding rings.
Unique wedding rings are more personal than mass-produced rings. While mass-produced
rings are equally as beautiful, theyíre not unique to each couple. Purchasing
a ready-made ring means there could be hundreds of other people with that same
ring. Now, that may or may not be a deciding factor when a couple goes to pick
their wedding rings. But if it does figure into the equation, the couple should
definitely consider choosing unique
What are Unique Wedding Rings?
Unique wedding rings are those considered different or odd by traditional wedding standards. Thereíre not any less beautiful, just different. A plain gold band with a solitaire diamond isnít unique, but if the gold band has hieroglyphics inscribed on it, then itís in a class of its own. How many people have rings decorated with ancient languages? But unique wedding rings donít have to be that extreme.
Maybe ancient languages arenít your thing. Thatís fine. Unique wedding rings can
be inscribed with birthdays, wedding dates, names, and many other memorable events.
Novori can inscribe your own personal message in your diamond rings. In any case,
you should decide long before the big day exactly what type of rings will be chosen.
a partial list of things to consider when youíve
decided to use unique
- Will the wedding rings be gold, silver, or platinum? Specialty wedding rings can be made from just about anything. Maybe silver, gold, or platinum is just too traditional. Just about anything goes when youíre setting your own rules. But remember that traditional metals last longer than most other materials.
- Will the rings include diamonds, rubies, or no gemstones at all? Diamond wedding
rings are very popular but once again, itís
totally your decision. Keep in mind that choosing gemstones other than diamonds
already means your ring is somewhat unique. The vast majority of people choose
certified diamonds for their
- What will you inscribe on the rings? Where will you have it inscribed? This is a very important decision. Once the rings have been inscribed, it will be a total headache to have them redone. And considering that most jewelers charge per letter or number, having to redo the rings will mean unnecessary spending.
- How much are you willing to pay? Depending on how you want the rings to look,
they could end up costing a fortune. Novori has diamond
rings for every budget.
You may want matching platinum bands inscribed with tiny, delicate designs, but
can you afford it? Donít
set yourself up for disappointment.
Another option for finding unique wedding rings is to choose vintage wedding rings.
If you or your partner love antiques, then a vintage ring can certainly be right
for you. And vintage rings are old, so thereís little possibility of anyone else
having a ring exactly like it. Here are some popular style from our Novori web
Vintage wedding rings can come from a number of places. Some of them may be passed down from generation to generation. Heirlooms such as these have terrific sentimental value and meaning. A unique vintage ring tells a story with its looks. Here are a few things you should know about finding unique
wedding rings that are also vintage rings:
- Vintage rings made between 1837 and 1901 were usually made with yellow gold or silver. This period is commonly known as the Victorian Era. Diamonds were also popular then, but it wasnít uncommon for people to use stone other than diamonds. Rubies and sapphires were also popular. Rings from this era are usually very delicate and expensive. In fact, itís not all that common to find rings from this era.
- Rings from the Edwardian era were created between the years 1901 to 1920. Platinum was popular during this period, and vintage rings from this era tend to be expensive.
- The Art Deco period lasted from 1920 to 1930. There were truly some unique wedding rings created during this period. The jewelry from this period was usually oddly shaped, and dripping with diamonds. The shapes relied heavily on geometric designs with sharp angles. If youíre really into unique wedding rings, youíll probably love rings from this era.
Create Your Own Unique Wedding Rings Based on Vintage Styles
A ring doesnít have to actually be old to look old. Most jewelers can recreate rings from any era you desire. In fact, it may be cheaper to have a ring recreated instead of buying a genuine antique. At least if you have a ring recreated, youíll know the materials are more advanced than those in the past. And the ring may even be more durable, and suitable for daily wear.
Now, please donít think that all unique wedding rings must follow the path described
in this article. Your ring can be unique even if it doesnít contain inscriptions
or less-commonly used gemstones. Itís perfectly fine to purchase a ring from an
online jewelry site because of the great savings and excellent quality provided
There are many possibilities when it comes to unique wedding rings. If you still
need assistance with your decision, just remember that we are always here to help.
Just call us toll free at 1-877-877-4141 and we will be glad to assist you in
any way we can.
Related Wedding Ring Articles