Budgeting for an Engagement Ring
Budgeting for an engagement ring is a smart idea. Buying an engagement ring is a major purchase and you want to spend your money wisely. Budgeting for an engagement ring will allow you to carefully consider how your money is spent. Buying your engagement ring online at Novori.com is one of the best ways to stretch your ring budget.
Does budgeting for an engagement ring mean I have to be cheap?
Engagement ring budgeting has nothing to do with being cheap. In fact, if you budget correctly, you should be able to afford a very expensive engagement ring.
Before you start budgeting for an engagement ring, there are a few questions to ask yourself:
- How much can you save each week for a ring? Each month? Answer this question truthfully. Paying the bills and putting food on the table should take priority over budgeting for an engagement ring.
- Do you want to pay all at once, or participate in a payment plan? If you want to pay one lump sum, then you’ll have to save more. A payment plan will offer some leeway, but how long do you plan on paying for the ring?
- If you set-up a payment plan, how much will the interest cost? The interest on an item can sometimes cost more than the actual item. You’ll end up paying more than if you’d saved enough to pay for the ring all at once. If possible, your always better to pay for the ring all at once.
- Will budgeting for an engagement ring hurt future expenses? If you and your fiancée want to make a large purchase, like a house or a car, then your engagement ring budget should be relatively small.
- Is an expensive ring important? Engagement ring budgeting is easier when you’re not trying to buy a terribly expensive ring. At Novori.com, we have a great selection of affordable engagement rings. And our diamond prices cannot be beat.
These are only a few questions to be considered. You’ll probably think of a few more. Once you’ve answered them, you’ll know how to start budgeting for an engagement ring.
When should I start budgeting for an engagement ring?
The time to start saving is as soon as you decide to get married. Set aside a specific amount of money from each paycheck. The amount you save depends on how much you want to spend on the ring, and on the amount of time until the ring is needed. The sooner you start budgeting for an engagement ring, the quicker you’ll have the money. You may want to open a separate checking or savings account specifically for your engagement ring budget.
After you’ve started budgeting for an engagement ring, you can start shopping for rings. Stick to rings within your budget. You may be tempted by all the beautiful diamond rings you’ll see, but stick to your budget. Budgeting for an engagement ring is hard enough without added temptation. Shopping online for a ring can help make the process easier. You can search for rings within your budget, weeding out those that are too costly. If you need help, call us at Novori.com at 1-877-877-4141 toll free and we can assist you to find a diamond engagement ring for any budget.
Our beautiful engagement rings fit a variety of budgets. Budgeting for an engagement ring doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice quality.